Thursday, December 17, 2009

Abiding?

Abiding in me is what our lord and savior said to the disciples, this includes you and me if we are his followers. What does abiding really mean? Does it mean to read his word, to pray to him, to go to church, to tell your neighbor about him?
Abide is a deep word of five letters, some bibles say remain in me which we take as staying like it is a challenge to do this. Jesus gives the illustration of him being the vine and us the branches, this gives the vision of being physically connected to him. I heard a pastor say it is a grafting not just a temporary connection but a permanent ever lasting connection.
Abiding - staying as close as we possibly can for along as we possibly can no matter what happens.
In my mind that is what i come up with for a definition of Abide. No matter if i am right or wrong with this definition, i know that by experience that the closer i (abide) the more i feel Christ love! The love that helps me conquer anything that comes at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment